Cyber Security Center News
- Bugs Bounty programs are common ways to crowd source the cyber security vulnerabilities in your web and mobile applications, as well as products. Even IIT Guwahati recently started a campus bugs bounty program. On 21st March, we will have two talks – one by Mr. Sai Krishna Kothapalli – a final year undergraduate at IIT Guwahati, and one by India’s prominent white hat hacker Mr. Anand Prakash followed by a panel discussion on white hat hacking and necessity for bugs bounty programs in India.
- Mr. Dheeraj Pandey -- founder of Nutanix today visited cyber security center labs and saw demos by our engineers and students given by Mr. Rohit Negi and his team.
- C3I center helped plan and organize a nation-wide CTF for DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization, Government of India) during December 2017 where 1489 teams competed.
- C3I Center organized the world wide preliminary round CTF competition for the ministry of electronics and ITC3I Center organized the world wide preliminary round CTF competition for the ministry of electronics and IT in November to select the finalists who competed during the Global Conference on Cyber Space 2017 (https://gccs2017.in/about). PhD students Abhay Kumar and Saurabh Kumar worked with Cyber peace foundation to hold this on-line competition which was open to the entire world. Selected competitors then competed onsite during the GCCS 2017 conference in New Delhi.
- On Dec 30, 2017, Teachers from various Kendriya Vidyalaya came to C3I lab for cyber security training, and were shown various vulnerabilities in critical infrastructure.
- Prof. Rajesh Gupta from University of California, San Diego, and Prof. Mani Srivastava from University of California, Los Angeles visited C3I lab on 29th December. Live cyber hacking of Critical Infrastructure were demonstrated to them.
- Prof. Manindra Agrawal along with 3 other IIT Kanpur faculty were honoured by the UP government on occasion of the State's foundation day for their remarkable accomplishments.
- Prof. Sandeep Shukla gave a training on Smart Grid Security in the 3 day Smart Grid Training Program for Power Utility Managers organized at IIT Kanpur (EE department) funded by Ministry of Power.
MOU related News
- The Cyber Security Center at IIT Kanpur and TCG Digital signed an MoU to cooperate on building a virtual cyber range for red team/blue team exercise for Cyber Security posture assessment of enterprises and utilities" and link the attached copy of the MoU
- CDAC-Mohali and IIT Kanpur has signed an MoU for cooperation in the domain of malware analysis, Honeypots, and other issues related to cyber security.